Monday, June 11, 2012

Farmer's Market Frenzy

June is a glorious month. Top two reasons: 1. Summer officially begins 2. Farmer's markets are up and running! If you don't live in sunny California - where farmer's markets filled with fresh produce are open year round - then the summer months when farmer's markets become available are something to cherish. Saturday, June 2nd was the grand opening of my neighborhood farmer's market. It was pouring rain and absolutely miserable outside - the worst weather you could ask for on opening day of an outdoor farmer's market. But I charged forward, threw on my raincoat, and merrily greeted each stand that I passed. Needless to say, my excitement of being able to buy fresh produce meant I went a bit overboard with my purchases. The end result: a farmer's market frenzy of produce...
From left to right: radishes, rhubarb, bok choy, arugula, asparagus, broccoli rabe, garlic greens, cilantro
So what did I do with all this bounty? Recipes to follow!

Do you go to your local farmer's market? If not, you should stop on by. Simply seeing all the magnificently bright colors of produce will inspire you to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment